It’s getting hot. Too hot. And my favourite time of the year is really an automated homage to an iconic brand, the Rolls Royce of swimwear, Eres. And all those pieces I consider to be instant classics.
So I gave my camera (my precious Olympus PEN EPL-7) to Mara Desipris, one of the top European fashion photographers and asked her to to play along with one of the most promising models, Belgian Lo Verplancke – who I fell for the instant I saw her 2014 Tom Ford ads. She could be a Rolling Stone (or Mick Jagger’s daughter). But she isn’t. She could be a groupie, light as a feather. But she isn’t. She could even be a child of the revolution. But she is nothing but an ethereal figure who loves to play with her mind and body. And she is a sight for sour eyes – while doing it.
As for the playground chosen, it is an abandoned lignite quarry, a few miles away from Athens. Hot as hell. Perfect to put an angel play in it.
The result? Breath taking.
That’s what you get, when you decide to set two wild things free. Absolutely mind (and hair) blowing.
- All ERES swimsuits and beachwear can be purchased online here (if you are in Athens though, visit them here: ERES ATHENS – Voukourestiou Street 6, KOLONAKI Tel. +30 210 3211103 & ERES – SHOP IN SHOP – Kolokotroni Street 6, KIFISIA, Tel. +30 210 8016458).
- CLOTHO organza and cotton kimono and bomber jacket can be found here.
- DEEP SHALLOW EXPOSITION handmade eyewear and hand cuffs can be found here.
- ILIAS LALAOUNIS X ANCIENT GREEK SANDALS leather sandals can be purchased online here.
- Last, but certainly not least, THALATTA leather bags can be found here.
Creative Director: Doya Karolini
Fashion Scout: Xeni Kouveli
Model: Lo Verplancke @Ace Models